- 2 small sweet potatoes (Keep the skin on and cut into 1cm cubes)
- 2 cup Brussel sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 200 Broccoli florets
- ½ red onion (pealed and chopped)
- Dash of olive oil
- Pepper to season
- 1 sweet pepper (deseeded and julienned)
- 2 medium sized carrots (peeled and julienned)
- Chopped lettuce/greens (Iceberg, kale, rocket etc.)
Vegan power bowl toppings
- ½ Avocado
- Pumpkin, sunflower, flax seeds (any seeds)
- Hummus, pesto
- ½ can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed**) You can substitute this for black beans, kidney beans or butter beans.
- 1 cup (100g) uncooked quinoa
Cold pressed olive oil, lemon juice, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place chopped “roasted veggies” onto a baking tray. Drizzle over a dash of olive oil over the veggies and toss the veggies until they are fully coated. Season with pepper.
* If you like, add a few whole cloves of garlic and roast along with the veggies.
- Roast the veggies for about 25-30 minutes (give them a shake half way through). The veggies should be lightly charred on the edges, golden and tender when pricking with a fork.
- While the veggies are roasting, add the quinoa to a pot along with double the amount of water. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer until tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop the sweet pepper, carrots, avocado and greens. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Remove roasted veggies from the oven and toss with the quinoa.
- Assemble the power bowl: Add a few handfuls of greens tossed in the salad dressing onto the bottom of the bowl. Add the quinoa and roasted veggies. Now add the fresh veggies and toppings with a bit more dressing. Lastly add your seeds and garnish with sprouts!
* Feel free to swop out any veggies that are local and in season.