SOCIAL JUSTICE IN YOGA: REDEFINING YOUR PRACTICE BY CELEBRATING DIFFERENCE, EMBRACING SAMENESS, HONOURING HISTORY AND INVESTIGATING ASANA.
COMING SEPTEMBER 2021
- Deeper understanding of the history of yoga and philosophy, its relationship to South Africa and its socio-political place in the world today.
- African indigenous knowledge systems and it’s offering the wellness world.
- Explore your individual roots; examining culture, genealogy and history to get a better understanding of our bodies.
- Interrogate how we hold inherited information in our bodies and how this relates to yoga asanas.
- Nervous system regulation and tools to regulate racial/ homophobic/gender-based and other trauma.
- What it means to hold an inclusive space and teach a yoga class that can support and honour diverse bodies.
Tuesday & Thursday 18:30 – 20:30
Saturday and Sunday
8am – 16:30